Today, Otayo started ticket selling for Jeux des iles 2019 at 4pm. Some of you may know, we were supposed to start the ticket sales much before but due to our dependency on the organizers, the ticket selling was delayed a few times until today. So here it is! The sales for Jeux des Iles 2019 is now open!
It has been 24 hours since the ticket sales have commenced and the volume of bookings and requests are overwhelming.
Here are some remarkable facts on the first 24 hours:
Please note that Otayo has tripled our staff especially for the Jeux des Iles 2019 so as to cater for all requests, but the demand from you, the public is remarkable. We will do our best to cater for all orders and bookings.
Credit Card Payments via the Otayo.com website - We would like to remind you that all orders made via credit card directly via the Otayo.com website are confirmed immediately. In case you did pay with Credit card via the Otayo.com website and did not receive your tickets, please check with your bank first and confirm if your credit card has been charged. If your card has been charged then please contact us to inform us. Otherwise, if your credit card has not been charged, this means that your order was not processed successfully and you would have to order your tickets again.
Good day everyone!
We do receive over 5000 orders daily and do the maximum to cater for all orders. Just know that Otayo has a team of over 20 people working solely on Jeux des Iles 2019, focusing purely on answering your phone calls, emails and order processing. Due to the massive number of requests, we all work from 8:00 – 22:00 to cater for your requests – this includes Saturday and Sunday!
We are sure that you often hear in the news how in other countries, there are huge queues of people and website crashes whenever there is a big concert or show with Madonna, Rihanna or such. This happens usually within the first days of selling the tickets for these events…. And is the case for all large events in almost any country.
So we are doing our best not to crash! Today due to the massive traffic on the Otayo.com website, we upgraded our main server to cater for up to 50,000 people per day on our website and the maximum is done to process all orders.
Payment by MCB Juice / Bank Transfer - We would like to remind you that in case you pay by MCB Juice or by Bank Transfer, before we can confirm your order, we have to manually check and verify that the amount was paid correctly. This is not a hard task but takes about 2 minutes per order. But, when receiving about 3000 orders per day, it means 6000 minutes a day are dedicated only to checking and validating MCB Juice / Bank Transfer payments. 6000 minutes = 60 hours / day only to confirm orders and payments.
Good Afternoon JIOI fans,
We keep getting thousands of requests a day and some of the most popular events such as the Opening Ceremony and Final Events are already sold out.
Many of us, were sad to see that these events were sold out and wished we could still obtain tickets… but unfortunately all the events are offered on a first come-first served basis.
For clarification, Otayo received a ticket quota for each event and this quota has been offered to the public to purchase. All ticket orders were done on the basis of first to order, first to receive your tickets. Each person could order maximum of 5 tickets, so the maximum number of people / families could attend each event.
In regards to ticket processing, as mentioned a few times before, all tickets ordered via the Otayo.com website using Credit Card, are processed immediately.
For payments made with MCB Juice / Bank Transfers – by today we have processed all tickets paid and ordered during these dates: June 25th, 26th and 27th. Tickets ordered on 28th June or today (29th June) will be processed during the next 48-72 hours. Thank you again for your understanding.
Tickets are still selling fast and set new records in Mauritius for ticket selling.
If you did receive your tickets during the middle of the night, this is because over the past days our team has stayed up until 3am to process all pending orders to make sure that everyone will receive their tickets.
We do receive thousands of phone calls per day from people asking about their tickets. We understand your concern, and in case you have yet to receive your tickets, please check our FAQ section, hopefully you will find the information and answers you are looking for.
Of course, we intend to keep checking all these manual orders made via MCB Juice / Bank Transfers and confirm them as soon as possible.
Thanks to the tremendous efforts of the Otayo-JIOI Team who stayed at the office until 4am- we managed to confirm and send all pending orders and tickets.
This means that ALL customers who booked and successfully paid for their tickets should have received their JIOI 2019 tickets!
For all new orders made as from today onwards, please note that each manual order (orders made via MCB Juice / by Bank Transfer) will be checked and confirmed within a few hours to a maximum of 24 hours. Same as before, all orders made via the Otayo.com website using credit card will be confirmed immediately.
Furthermore, for each and every order made via Otayo, you are to receive an email confirmation for your order, mentioning the order status (pending or paid).
In case you have yet to receive your tickets, please follow these steps:
1. Verify that indeed your payment was processed successfully - that a charge for your ticket payment appears on your bank account statement
2. Check your email account, including your spam / trash folder to make sure that your ticket confirmation email is not there
In case payment was done successfully and tickets have not yet been received, then please do as per below:
1. Send an email to email@example.com
2. Mention these details:
3. Attach the proof of payment to your email (screenshot indicating the payment and its reference)
This information will enable us track your order quickly and send your tickets.
Thank you everyone!
…and wishing us all an amazing JIOI 2019 experience…
Good morning JIOI fans and supporters
JIOI 2019 is only few days away and everyone is very excited and looking forward to take part in this unique experience.
For Otayo the past days have been so hectic like never before. While our customer support team spent days and nights in the office processing all bookings and catering for most of your inquiries, many tickets were sold and only a few are left. Yes, considering the fact that we have been receiving about 6000 inquiries a day (phone / email) we could not reply to ALL requests, but we successfully catered for the majority of requests.
Now many of you contact us and ask for available tickets and sold out events – please note that our website is updated daily and you will see a ‘Sold Out’ tag on each event, which is sold out. For such events, we can’t help with any more tickets as we offered all these tickets allocated by the COJI committee.
Some of you ask why Otayo does not offer more tickets or why there were no more tickets available to the public.
In case you have yet to receive your tickets, please follow these steps:
Please bear in mind that Otayo is the ticket company- we only put on sale the tickets provided to us by the COJI committee as per the conditions and limitations given to us. Otayo has not kept any tickets for the company or for Otayo’s staff (actually, all our staff were prevented from buying tickets), and all ticket quotas were dictated to us by the COJI committee. For example, the limitation of a maximum of 5 tickets per person per discipline.
If it was in our hands, we would be happy to cater to all customers and offer an unlimited number of tickets, but this is the simple reality and we all have to respect and understand that the number of tickets is limited and offered on a first come first serve basis.
Answer: The answer very much depends on the method of payment you have chosen as per below:
1. Payment by Credit Card – should you have paid by credit card (Mastercard / Visa) via the Otayo.com website, and the payment was successfully processed, then you should have received an immediate email confirmation of your ticket order as well as your E-ticket. The E-ticket is a PDF file which is attached to the email confirmation sent to you by email.
In case you did not receive your email, then please perform these steps in this order:
A. Check your email SPAM folder, as some customers have received their tickets in their SPAM folder
B. If no email with the confirmation or order has been received, then, check with your bank if the payment was successfully processed. We did find that some people started the process of paying with their credit card but then did not fill in all the details and the bank rejected their transaction. As such, the order was not confirmed and no ticket was issued
C. In case the bank confirmed that the payment was successfully processed by credit card and you did not receive your email / ticket (not even in the SPAM folder), then Send us an Email providing us with these details: Your Name, Date of Order, Order Reference and if possible attach a Proof of Payment.
2. Payment by MCB Juice – should you have paid by MCB Juice and the payment was successfully processed, then, you should receive an email confirming that your order is PENDING. Why pending? Because we have to validate that indeed the amount was paid and received on our side. Since we receive thousands of orders per day, it is very important that you insert the correct ORDER REFERENCE and also pay the CORRECT AMOUNT. In case you do not input any reference or transfer an incorrect amount, which does not match your order amount, it would be almost impossible for our team to associate the payment you made with your order. So please make sure to input the correct payment reference. IMPORTANT: due to the fact that we receive thousands of such orders per day, and each is manually checked, we need an average of 3 days to confirm each order. Apologies in advance and thank you for your understanding.
3. Payment by Bank Transfer – should you have paid by Bank Transfer and the payment was successfully processed, then, you should receive an email confirming that your order is PENDING. Why pending? Because we have to validate that indeed the amount was paid and received on our side. Since we receive thousands of orders per day, it is very important that you insert the correct ORDER REFERENCE and also pay the CORRECT AMOUNT. In case you do not input any reference or transfer an incorrect amount, which does not match your order amount, it would be almost impossible for our team to associate the payment you made with your order. So please make sure to input the correct payment reference. IMPORTANT: Do take into account that if payment was done from a Non-MCB account it sometime takes 3 days to receive the bank transfer in our account. This, of course may delay the process of confirming your order as we have to wait until the funds are received in the bank account. Furthermore, due to the fact that we receive thousands of such orders per day, and each is manually checked, we need an average of 3 days to confirm each order. Apologies in advance and thank you for your understanding.
Important Note: some customers did receive their email confirmation order in their email SPAM box, so please also make sure to check your spam / trash folder!
Answer: Otayo is acting as the ticketing company for the event- all ticket conditions and limitations are set by the main committee and organizer of Jeux des Iles 2019. The limitation of 5 tickets per person per discipline was given by the organizer and we have to abide to the requirement.
So, please, we are asking for your understanding.
Answer: Unlike payment by credit card, each payment by MCB Juice or by Bank Transfer requires a manual check by our team- meaning that we have to manually check that the amount was received in the bank account.
This is why it is critical that when making the payment, you should enter the correct reference number of your order. In case you will not input any reference number, it would be almost impossible for us to identify your order and confirm it. This is because we receive thousands of transfers a day.
Important Note: In case, you order tickets via MCB Juice / Bank Transfer and the payment is not processed within a period of 48 hours, then the order is automatically cancelled.
Answer: You can buy physical tickets at any of the REZO Otayo locations. Please check the Rezo Otayo page for details on all our point of sales: https://www.otayo.com/rezo-otayo-liste-des-points-de-vente
As many of you know, Otayo is the largest ticketing company in Mauritius, selling many thousands of tickets annually. We have the most experience in ticket selling, on-site management of events and marketing of events.
With that, JIOI 2019 is not a regular event! Why not? Here are the reasons:
1. JIOI tournaments welcomes audience of over 100,000 people!
2. While for most events the ticket selling period is of 2 months for about 4000 tickets, for JIOI the ticket selling period was defined as 20 days!
3. JIOI customers like bank transfers! 90% of you, prefer to pay by Bank Transfers (Unlike 10% for other events) – this means many, many thousands of orders to confirm manually
Before the JIOI started, we recruited almost 20 staff members to help our existing staff process JIOI orders and cater for customers. Then, we extended our work shifts to late evening and also had a permanent technical team assist during the day and night for all technical matters. Of course, you can just come to our office as from 8am, 12pm, 5pm, 10 pm or 2am and you will find our team working day and night to process all orders.
So with all this manpower and dedication, why does it take time to receive each ticket- there are two reasons: 1. The massive volume of orders. 2. Majority of customers pay via Bank Transfers and each payment needs to be validated manually.